Friday, February 15, 2008

Week 4, Day 7

This is from my run this past Sunday. I bought two new pairs of shoes on Saturday - a pair of Asics and a pair of Brooks - from a store called Road Runner Sports in Concord. http://www.roadrunnersports.com/

The employees at Road Runner Sports were great! I arrived at 5:55 and the store was closing at 6:00, but they still took their time with me to help me pick the right shoe. My step and my walk were both tested to see which category of shoes I needed to choose from (Stability+), and after I narrowed it down to the Asics and Brooks... I bought both! Road Runner Sports has a 60-day perfect fit guarantee - "Your running shoes should be so comfortable that you hardly notice them on your feet. Let the experts at Road Runner Sports help you find your Perfect Fit. And now, with our unrivaled PERFECT FIT GUARANTEE, you can hit the road in your new running shoes. If they're not just right for you, simply exchange them within 60 days, no questions asked." - How fabulous is that?

Anyway... I attempted a run on Sunday morning in my new Asics, but my legs ached sooooo much and I stopped after 10 minutes. I know that it's partly because I haven't been stretching and massaging them enough, but it just takes sooooooo long. But I stretched and stretched and stretched and massaged and stretched my legs then went running again on Sunday evening. The run above is from Sunday evening, while wearing my Brooks shoes. I'll try the Asics again, but right now I'm thinking that the Brooks are a better fit for me.

No comments: