Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cinderella Classic 2007

I registered today for the Cinderella Classic 2007. It's a women-only metric-century bicycle ride starting/finishing in Dublin, California. I'm completely excited and nervous at the same. I have NEVER ridden more than 25 miles in a day and I'm fairly certain I only did that once. Probably because my rear was killing me for several days afterward... I do, however, ride the cycle at the gym approximately 3 times a week and I average about 15-20 miles per hour - though I usually only ride for 45 minutes due to time contrainsts. However, I am determined to complete my first of (hopefully) many century rides. And, well, since the brochure clearly states that "Cinderella is not a race," I guess it's ok if I'm the last to cross the finish line... The ride is scheduled for March 31 - just a little more than 2 months to train! Let the training begin!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Cool. I am doing a century ride later this year. Even though it is not a race...I will still manage to beat you somehow.