Monday, August 21, 2006

While I was walking back to the office after my lunch time workout - which consists of me riding the cycle for 40 minutes while I talk on my cell phone - I thought to myself, "I wonder if I could survive without my cell phone for a month..." If I don't talk on the phone while I ride the cycle, will I actually lose weight? If I don't talk on the phone while I am at work, will I actually get some work done? If I don't talk on the phone all day, will I actually experience life?

So, I have decided to "hang up" my cell phone for a month and created these rules to keep me on track:
  1. I can keep my cell phone with me at all times for emergencies - actual life-threatening emergencies.
  2. I can check my voicemail periodically throughout the day, I just can't return a call unless it is VERY urgent.
  3. Other than emergencies, I can only use the cell phone when I am at home (since I don't have a home phone).
  4. I can make calls from my work phone, but ONLY during my 2 15-minute breaks each day.
  5. I can answer calls from my 2 boys any time they call.
  6. I can send/receive text messages from my cell phone.

Let the month begin...

2 comments:

Mark said...

Um...so you will actually still always be using your phone.

Lali said...

Something like that.