Friday, November 14, 2008

Passing on the love of the game...

So, J and I went to the Warriors v. Pistons game last night. Basketball is by far my favorite sport - I love the fast pace and the near-constant scoring. Many people have suggested that I would love hockey and I'm sure that I will love it when I go to my first game (Sharks v. Capitals on Nov. 22 and I'm very excited), but the fact that the scores are so low in hockey is a real turn-off for me (and I'm pretty much always on the edge of being turned on when it comes to men and sports... ;o ).

Anyway... Since I have half-season tickets to the Warriors this season, I had an opportunity to take J to his first basketball game. It is always great when you introduce someone to something new and they enjoy it, but it is even better when you introduce your child to something new and they LOVE it! J was cheering the Warriors, booing the Pistons, chanting DE-FENSE at the right time, attempting to distract the Pistons from making free throws, stomping, screaming, jumping, cringing... and just plain enjoying himself! It was by far one of the best mother/son experiences I've ever had!!!

I have been asking J to play basketball for several years now and he hasn't shown any interest in it. As we were driving home last night he told me that he would now like to play!
Woo-hoo!
BTW, I'm a Los Angeles Lakers fan - I go to the Warriors games because it's just more practical...
GO LAKERS!
And Go Warriors!

1 comment:

Turtle said...

WTG Mom!!! Glad to hear it was a great time. BTW...Lakers SUCK!!!! LOL....Turtle